Monday, May 3, 2010

Curiouser and Curiouser!

I had my Bridal Shower on Saturday! I didn't know anything about it in the lead up to the day and it was an Alice in Wonderland Tea Party (I was just told to dress 'Girly')!

Everything at Mum's was themed - from the white rabbit at the front door to the cheshire cat and hearts all the way up the stairs. There were big playing cards and hearts hanging everywhere and I had a special chair with red heart cushions on it. My Mum even took it another step by dressing up as the latest Queen of Hearts - makeup and a dress that she made herself and she gave me such a fright when I walked in. She had even scoured the op shops in search of the Alice in Wonderland Golden Book!

We had a 'toilet paper' bridal fashion parade, a quiz about how well I knew Trav (I didn't do too badly considering my shocking memory) and a peculiar looking piƱata that Tamra spent so much time working on but was promptly beaten to a pulp by some very angry ladies.

There was cupcakes, scones, sandwiches, tarts and a chocolate fountain too! I think everyone had a lot of fun and I'll share some pictures soon. I was also presented with a folder which held a recipe that each guest brought along for me, and a Calendula growing 'recipe' from Louise there are some really special ones and some that bring back funny memories.  My sister even contributed.

After the 'formalities' some extras dropped in for dinner - what else but Mum's Lasagne? and I had 8 helpers lined up to decorate the ladies bonbonierre - even the boys!

Everything about Saturday was absolutely magical and it was exactly how I'd imagined it, close friends, yummy food and so many thoughtful ideas that made it a day to cherish.

On Sunday I finally went to see Alice in Wonderland yesterday - I hadn't realised how close Mum's costume was to the real thing!


With 46 days to go I'm really feeling like a Bride now...

No comments:

Post a Comment