Friday, May 21, 2010

Happy stress

Flashback:

On the evening we picked my dress up, Louisa and the girls at Brides of Melbourne joked 'Aren't I married yet??!' I assured them that I hoped this was my last visit. My dress felt fairly loose under the arms this time and I started to worry that my upcoming detox may not be the best idea. Louisa said if it was going to be a problem I should come over to her house for a big bowl of spaghetti!

She also gave me these very important words of advice - 'When you get to your boarding gate, head straight for a friendly looking married female flight attendant if possible, she's more likely to take extra care with your dress than anyone else!'

The last few nights have been filled with wedding discussions, emails back and forth between suppliers and countless spreadsheets and to-lists. I really don't want to be a wedding planner or travel agent when I get to Port Douglas so I hope that being extra careful (OK pedantic) now will mean I can sign off on Tuesday afternoon. Afterall - it's our holiday too right?

Last night we allocated our seats for the flight up and guess what - we're in row 18! They also noted that I'll be travelling with my wedding dress and cake.

I also picked up some possible vases for the sand ceremony from highpoint, when I was chatting with the sales assistant about how much I still have to do for the wedding she said - 'well it's happy stress isn't it - it's the best kind of stress to have!'. True. Very true.
When am I next going to be able to deliberate over bus transfers, napkins or which colour parasols to have? I want to make a conscious effort to pretend I'm not getting married so I can clearly look at all the things we're planning and really get excited - pretend to be the guest instead of the guest and wedding planner.

When I was talking to Kyle today about our weekend plans (mine being busy with a hair trial, dress try-on, wedding planning with mum and suitcase shopping with Trav) he said - 'well you're busy but at least it's all exciting stuff - it's plans for your wedding and travels'. True again.

All our guests we're speaking to are so excited. Can't wait. Want that holiday. I'm only thinking about everything that needs to be done. I should be more excited than everyone but I don't seem to be letting myself relax yet. Hope this wears off soon.

I just hope the more planned and organised I am now, the more relaxed I'll be later.

PS - I just sent this affirmation to Trav

We’re getting married in Port Douglas next month just like we planned and 63 of our closest friends and family want to come! I’m starting to believe it now!


No comments:

Post a Comment