Thursday, May 13, 2010

Can't you turn me around or something?

Don't talk French, I'm trying to count...




And so began our first social dance night. We were both a bit apprehensive as all we've learned is our routine and some latin steps in group which we haven't practiced together for fear of forgetting our first dance! It was great though - instantly we were paired up with new dancers - sometimes more and sometimes less experienced than us and I definitely learned a few new things from John (who has 10 years experience). When doing an underarm turn - pretend that you're walking around a chair - this way you wont try to be too quick. We could even dance and chat at the same time (until it came to the Lindy-Pop that is).

We learned some merengue which was lots of fun (my favourites - swivels!) and Trav and I danced the Cha-Cha, Tango, Salsa, Foxtrot, Waltz, Rumba and LindyPop - to music!

Half the battle seems to be working out which style of dance goes with which music - I'm so glad we went though - now we'll be more confident next time, and out on the dance floor!

No comments:

Post a Comment