Friday, May 28, 2010

Pep Talk

OK. I think I'm starting to lose it slightly. I was hesitant about offering the bus transfers since the charter company told us we'd have to collect payment ourselves and that meant a lot of extra time and effort (that we just don't have right now) to make it work. Nevertheless, we'd offered this to our guests so the information went out last night. I felt better once this was done - we were clear about what information we needed and by when. If we don't get enough solid info by next Wednesday at least we'll be able to say we tried but it's not going to happen.

Some replies have started coming in that don't make any sense; they're missing the exact info we requested, so they haven't read our email properly - help us help you people! And that was just the first 4 responses. At least 3 more people replied saying that they had organised their own transport - BONUS!

I vented to Belinda today about this, and how we really need to work on our dance and how stressed I'm getting now, hoping that if I get everything under control now, I can relax later.

'Guess what' she said. 'Stuff will still happen even on the day'. She reminded me to remember which things really aren't that serious because it really doesn't matter. She said looking back at some of her photos on the day she can see how angry she was and how grumpy she was with her new husband.

But really, let's step back. We've put an offer out to try and help our guests save a few dollars - if it doesn't work then too bad but at least we've tried to make things a bit easier for them.
We're going up to get married in Port Douglas, our most favourite place in the whole world and we've convinced 65 friends and family to join us. Everyone is already in party mode and they all just want to have a good time. They won't care less about all these little things and neither should I - as Catherine has reminded me more than once - 'as long as I've got my dress, and probably Travis everything will be fine'

No comments:

Post a Comment