Wednesday, May 19, 2010

The Artful Hen

Our parties were nothing like the dream I'd had on Friday night - my hens party was a magic show which was overrun with zombie Pugs that wanted to take a bite out of everyone's shoulder, if they got you then you became a zombie and so on....yeah don't ask me.

I was in the kitchen at Trav's buck's party heating up food to send out to the man cave and everytime he came back inside I asked him if the girls were warm enough.

Weird.

Well that's not how it happened at all. It was 100 times funner!

My evening started with Tamra, Louise and the mum's enjoying some pink champagne at my place - before heading over to .... Pole Divas? No way. This is too easy!

I still had no idea even when we were sitting in the foyer waiting for everyone - it wasn't until our host came out in her 'Artful Hen' apron that I clicked - it couldn't be? Is it? This is what I'd wanted to do! I couldn't believe my luck! A Life Drawing class was just the right compromise between class and nakedness for me - I was over the moon!

Everyone was dressed up in red and black with very appropriate devil horns, so I definitely stood out in my pink tutu inspired dress and very virginal white veil with crooked halo.

Before we began I had the honour of 'removing the towel' from our muse David and then the 11 of us were taken through a series of techniques - from drawing without looking at the paper or removing our graphite from the page, to drawing left handed, progressive drawings (which had some of us running from one end of the room to the other several times!), using axis and finally it was my turn to pose with David (no I didn't undress). Funny - we were up there for five minutes and everyone was concentrating so much on their drawing that they only peeked out from behind their easels now and then - it didn't feel quite as confronting as I'd expected.



We had a short break half way through and David poured us drinks and chatted with everyone and We ended the evening with a photo shoot and some group shots (for these one he wore the apron!).

It really was the best idea ever and everyone who went along had been really looking forward to it! I highly recommend it to all the bridesmaids out there who are looking for the perfect idea for their creative hen!


Next up... onwards to Orange in Chapel Street....

No comments:

Post a Comment