Friday, May 21, 2010

Hypothetical...

Time flies. I can't believe it was almost 2 years ago when I was invited to a friend's wedding in Port Douglas this June. Now June 2010 is fast approaching and I just can't wait. I've never been that far north before and this is such a brilliant idea - we can escape the Melbourne winter for a few days!

Our friends set up a website with lots of travel info and recommendations and they've been updating us monthly with their plans and any changes - they also told us when there were cheap flights available!

I can't wait to get up there and see all these places they've been going on about, Four Mile beach sounds amazing and I want to see what the fuss is about over at the Iron Bar. When I arrive I'm dropping my stuff off and going straight to the beach.

Their wedding is on the Friday at a little white chapel that has a view of the ocean and I think the reception is in a restaurant right on the marina!

I honestly wouldn't know where to begin organising a wedding from that far away, ours was in Melbourne and it was hard enough. They're not only organising the wedding day, but there's a brunch the following day and they're helping all of us with accommodation and flight queries and even offered to arrange charter buses! They are wedding planners and travel agents all at once! They have been up there once before and I think they even had a couple of days for recon in early 2009 - any excuse will do!

They've really been so helpful with suggestions and information, I'm sure they're looking forward to getting up there and just relaxing, it will be great fun having a holiday so far away with a big bunch of friends, and they must be touched that so many friends and family are traveling that far for their wedding. I know I would be. It must have felt like a big leap of faith when they announced their plans.

I'm glad they're doing it their way, they must be getting so excited now! They've done so much hard work and preparation to try to give everyone the best chance of coming along, I just hope they take it easy when they get up there.

See you in Port!

No comments:

Post a Comment