Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Reality Check!

Whoah!

I got my first 'Chillax!' today - uh-oh, does the 1 month mark automatically tip brides into an deep, unavoidable frenzy? (hmm I looked up frenzy for want of a better word and got delirium, lunacy, hysteria, craze and fury - take your pick).

I'm usually the sort of person who doesn't like to think things are too easy - don't want to jinx anything so I tend to err on the side of caution and double and triple checking.

But so that I don't lose my nut over the last crucial weeks, let's have a look at the worst case scenarios (no point worrying about something that hasn't happened yet anyway.

We forget to bring something
Depending on how disastrous this is, we have some options
If the missing item is at our place we'll ask Matt & Kat or Marian & Egan to pick it up(they both have keys)
If it's at mum's we'll ask Marian & Egan to drop in
If no one can pick it up and it's not that disastrous, we'll get over it
If it's quite disastrous, we'll buy, beg, borrow or steal it
Moving right along ...

The weather might be cold
However cold the weather is, it won't feel cold to us hardened Melbournians
Toughen up ...
It rains on the day
We'll get wet
We'll get a lift to the chapel instead of walking
Rain can make wedding photos look really beautiful
Maybe this one will help me to decide on parasols - rice paper ones might not be the right way to go so it could be fabric ones afterall - not that they'd do much in a tropical downpour!
And anyway - don't they say it's good luck for your marriage?
The show will go on and we'll still be married ...

I forget my dress
I won't forget my dress


See? Nothing to worry about! Whatever happens, I'm pretty sure you won't be able to wipe that grin off my face all week long!

No comments:

Post a Comment