Thursday, June 10, 2010

9 sleeps...

More cards and a gift!

After a  work day that absolutely dragged, we met family and friends for dinner in Sunbury. It was lovely to see Michael before we leave for QLD and Marc and Amanda came along with Susan and Gary as well.


Susan presented us with a stunning handmade fabric card that she has embroidered herself using gold and silver thread and sequins from the lace on my dress. We opened it and there was a picture of St Mary's Chapel with our invitation wording printed across it, there was also an embroidery of the chapel and an embroidered message to us - complete with our little monogram that I'd come up with! There was also a little pocket made from the fabric of my dress which held some $.


Then we received our gift - an amazing tin chapel/birdcage that holds 3 candles. Susan said she could see this in our garden but I think it will look beautiful in our entrance until the weather improves!


It was such a nice evening to share with everyone and I think we might even be lucky enough to see the ring cushion at the rehearsal - I just know I'll hardly see it on the day and want to be able to really appreciate it beforehand!


Eight sleeps to go and today is my last day at work. It's kind of sad to think that everything I've been running through my head, how we'll spend each day up there and all the plans we've made for a wonderful wedding are almost here. It's exciting but I really do think that looking forward to something is almost as good as actually getting it. 


I hope we take the time to relax and really soak everything up. I know the days will go fast and won't always go as I've imagined, but I've got a feeling they'll be better than I could ever have hoped for. Just go with it. Everyone will finally be up there together as we've all been preparing for and we'll all be ready for our 'winter holiday'.


You can't plan things forever, they eventually come around and become real memories, not just wishful thoughts. We've prepared well, we're not expecting a perfect day and I think we've allowed a lot of flexibility so nothing can go too 'wrong' on the day.


Yes I think it's finally time to kick back and relax and allow all this planning and imagining to become reality...

No comments:

Post a Comment