Tuesday, April 13, 2010

We've got rhythm ...

Finally we're in the swing of dancing lessons. Each Monday for the next 8 weeks we'll be heading up to Arthur Murray Dance Studios on Bourke St, a little hidden treasure inside a fairly clinical looking office building.

After a brief introduction last Wednesday, last night we had our first group and private classes. We have now learned 6 ballroom steps and a couple of latin ones too. There were only 3 couples in the group class which made it easy to ask questions and clarify things. We had been practicing our steps from last week and the news ones were a bit more complex but they look really good so I'm looking forward to practicing them a lot. It made such a difference dancing 'in frame' as opposed to holding hands and it felt really wonderful.

To top off a great evening I had a dream that I was at Michael Buble's concert and I was talking to him after the show! He gave me a brand new video camera when I said we were dancing to one of his songs for our wedding - he wanted to see it! I should have just asked him to come and sing it for us live.
I'll leave you with another pearl of wisdom from our good friends Daniel and Simone - farewell folks and enjoy the UK, one year will go by in a flash!

"Whatever you do, take 5 minutes to stand back and look around - the night will go by in a flash and you've planned it for so long, just remember to appreciate it"

No comments:

Post a Comment