Thursday, April 1, 2010

Reminiscing...

Very early into our engagement I began my search for THE DRESS. Like any other search, I started with the www and quickly found Alfred Angelo. Being a destination wedding, I was taken by their convertible dress design, it made perfect sense from ceremony to reception!


But after lots of searching I was sure this one would be my dress - 

I was lucky enough that a Melbourne stockist ordered one in just for me to try on and I thought I was in love. Louise and Tamra came along to my first try on and both gave me the nod of approval -  and my mum came to the second one- but while there I also tried on lots of other dresses, including this one.

Yes. This was definitely the one. It was ivory with an ivory ribbon at the waist.

Well, that was easy.

A couple of months later my sister was in town for our engagement party and a friends wedding. I knew I'd already found my dress but set up a couple of appointments at some boutiques in town so Michelle could join in the fun. What I well and truly hadn't expected was to find my dress. THE DRESS.

The dress my sister picked. The dress I couldn't get out of my mind. The dress that made me blush. The dress that cost so much more. It really happened - I didn't want to take it off and couldn't wait to visit it again and again! And I did - I'm sure I have tried on my dress about 7 times since the day I found it, November 10th 2008.

No comments:

Post a Comment