Wednesday, April 21, 2010

dream a little dream

OK they've started again. I think Belinda's upcoming nuptials are freaking me out a little.

Last night in my dream we arrived at our accommodation in Port Douglas to find that 10 of us were sharing one room. But then in reception we bumped into 2 very uninvited guests who were casually explaining that they wanted to stay at the same place for the week. Her partner said he'd tried booking out 4 villas months ago to find that they were already taken.

I looked at them in horror, were they serious? Would someone actually have the nerve to crash our wedding - even going as far as staying at the same place???

The next day we all went to the chapel and Travis was standing at the front, facing the front with Kate and James on either side. Louise and Tamra walked down the aisle, stopping and standing in a row behind Trav. This was starting to look weird. I can't even remember the music being played or Deborah being there, but the pews were full.
I walked down the aisle, and no one even noticed that I was coming - I was near the end when someone said "Oh here she comes". When I reached the end of the aisle, everyone was still facing the front and I didn't know where to stand. I tried to squeeze between Trav and his sister but she didn't budge. I ended up standing on the end, with Kate between us. I then realised that we didn't even have a rehearsal! Maybe this was supposed to be the rehearsal? I looked behind me to see if the Uninvited had snuck in to watch.

The ceremony continued with me peeking around Kate when saying my vows, then when we all walked out everyone kind of wandered off. I told Travis that that was definitely not our ceremony and we hadn't gotten married yet. Even though we were all dressed up I refused to believe it was the actual thing.

I hadn't even confirmed the flower yet. We hadn't even taken the things over to the restaurant. We spent the rest of the day going through the shops, trying to find fishing line and other odd items we needed for the reception. Disaster. What other things can I tick off my to do list now?

PS: No one is escaping this curse - Travis dreamed that he was at the reception but hadn't written his wedding speech. His dad kept saying everything was 'Really Good'.

No comments:

Post a Comment