Saturday, February 27, 2010

The Tan Plan

OK lets' face it - who doesn't want that 'healthy' bronzed glow all year round - whether we've been told it's healthy or not. As our wedding is in June I won't be walking down the aisle with a season of sunshine behind me. My make up artist has tried to steer me towards gradual tanners rather than spray on or solarium and I've got the time to perfect my tan if I start experimenting now.

First thing - need to clear up those t-shirt lines from our Williamstown ride a few weeks ago. Well I don't just have hours to laze around in the courtyard, however tempting that might sound. No there must be a way to get it done during my normal routine. I know! My ride to work is 40 minutes - I'll slip on a boob tube and slap on some Reef Coconut Oil when I leave the office and catch some rays on the way home! Just got to remember to sunscreen the tanned bits or I'll never get anywhere.

As far as those tanning moisturisers go, it's  been a bit hit and miss, here's my thoughts so far (the numbers are based on a scale of 1-5, 1 being unsatisfactory)

Sally Hansen Airbrush Legs
Ha Ha Ha! Not even bothering with a review

Johnson's Holiday Skin

Cost <$10
Smell 1
Streaking 1
Verdict - No way. Anyone want the rest of the bottle?

Dove Summer Glow

Cost <$10
Smell 2 - slightly less unbearable than Johnson's
Streaking 1 - I know so many of you swear but Dove but it doens't matter how evenly I apply it, or how well I exfoliated, it. still. streaks.
Verdict - I really persisted with this one but it's not for me - half a bottle going cheap!

St Tropez Everyday Gradual Tan

Cost $30
Smell 5 - Love this! It's not offensive at any point, in fact when it's soaked in, I catch a whiff and wonder what perfume I'm wearing!
Streaking 5 - hasn't happened yet. The instructions say that it doens't matter if you go over one area twice, just don't miss any spots altogether.
Verdict - a bit thicker to apply but it still doens't take long to soak in. It's the winner by far so far.

Oh and by the way, isn't it annoying when you've got your colour looking good but a trip to the waxer strips you back to lily white! So I'm also going to try out a fake tan before the day. I know there are some that rub off around the top of the dress bodice quite easily, leaving not only brown stains on the dress, but white patches under your arms. Enter Tuscan Tan, I've heard it's one of the spray-ons out there and luckily enough, it's the tan of choice for my local beauty haunt. I'll do some rigourous testing on it in a month or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment