Tuesday, March 2, 2010

someone's trash...

...is another person's treasure. Although I just don't know how Italian Silk and French Lace could ever be trash, I really don't!

I've got some very exciting news - Marian and Susan have offered to handmake our ring cushion and was lucky enough to score some offcuts of the fabric used to make my dress! We had our monogram (painstakingly) embroidered on the silk before handing all the pieces over to the creative genius that is M&S. Apparently it was finished but now it's not anymore, they're debating over some minor additions - well I just can't wait to see it. I was also lucky enough to have a piece of the fabric embroidered with our initials and our wedding date and this sent up to Wendy Makin to be sewn into my dress. If you're looking for a thoughtful way to personalise something, I highly recommend contacting Marro and Josie of Embroid-It in Essendon, they embroid everything!

No comments:

Post a Comment