Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Viva Port Douglas

I prefer to create a subtle hint rather than a full-blown theme when I'm decorating and don't usually go overboard with crazy decorations. I like restraint, elegance and simplicity. When I think of Port Douglas, the chapel and the restaurant, I don't feel that much needs to be added to such a pristine place. The setting itself is one of beautiful summer colours, green grass and blue sky with waves glistening like diamonds under a warm sun. In the evening  the colours change with pink and orange fading to a deep purple sky as the sun sets.

I don't need to reaffirm that we're in a tropical location with a rainbow of colours and novelties, in fact I'd be very suprised if there was even a hibiscus or grass skirt in sight. We'll keep the decorations neutral to avoid feeling like we're in an Elvis movie, as fun as it might look!

Not a lei in sight!

No comments:

Post a Comment