Monday, January 25, 2010

This life is fleeting

Too often we wish our time away in anticipation for the next big thing. An occasion or a life change that feels more important than anything our daily life can bring. Our two year engagement is in its final few months and I've come to realise something I always try to remind myself of

half the fun is getting there.
it's about the journey, not the destination.

I wasn't ever too keen about the word fiancé but I'm starting to realise that soon I'll run out of opportunities to say it. I also won't have the fussing and all the wedding planning update discussions with friends and family and I definitely won't have the luxury of assuming 'it's all about me'. I am looking forward to getting married. I'm looking forward even more to being married. And I will enjoy and embrace every moment along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment