Wednesday, October 28, 2009

around and around and around

So it goes - sometimes having too much time can be a challenge! If we'd only had the standard 12 months to plan our wedding, I probably wouldn't have changed my mind so much, I think this is why I've backed away from  the planning for a while.

When I first started daydreaming about colours, I tried out colourstrology - it's a fascinating way to find out your birth colour and match it to his - creating a truly unique theme. The colours we came up with were Gull Gray (me) and Molten Lava. If you find that your birth colours aren't exactly an idea colour combination, you could always consider your birth months - or even the date you first got together or got engaged etc. The best thing is that it also gives you the Pantone colour code, so you can make a perfect match. Here are some monogram combinations I tried out after reading Brianna Nicholes' wedding monogram tutorials...


But then, after deciding I really wanted cymbidium orchids, I found a more muted theme of cream and dusty pink and plum was to my liking. I sat with that for about the last 9 months until today I couldn't get my mind off this colour combination - and how much easier it would be to coordinate - and how much more fun and brighter it would be too. I also love the style of one particular wedding on The Knot website - it's Jen & Gabe's wedding and it shows how a preppy tone can be casual and classy all at once. Here's some of their inspiration...



No comments:

Post a Comment