Thursday, November 12, 2009

I feel a rush coming on

OK, we've got less than 7 months to go - let's just call it six as the lead up to Christmas will be a write off - things are starting to get interesting now! We actually HAVE to make some decisions and plan the finer details of our big day weekend and I'm getting excited!

I checked the 'tester' champagne stopper tonight and after 2 nights it has worked a treat, there was a strong hissss as I released the pressure and it tasted like I'd opened a new bottle. Just the way it should be. Of course, what sort of bride would I be if I didn't test this multiple times over the next few months? Don't worry, I'm sure I'll fit it in - in the name of research of course!

Speaking to our neighbours last night, we were offered another great piece of advice:

'Make sure someone has a list of guests you want photos with - you'll regret missing out on the opportunity and definitely won't be thinking about it. Get them to buddy up with the photographer and collect each guests to keep things moving.'

Another idea that they loved was making a hollow picture frame, about 1 metre square and having it make its way around during pre-dinners and the reception - everyone who got their photo taken had their name ticked off and also signed the frame as a keepsake. Love it! It's so much more flexible than the popular 'photo corner' concept that's getting popular. I think we'll be visiting the Cairns Bunnings store to pick up supplies for this one...

No comments:

Post a Comment