Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Dress rehearsal!

On Friday night I rolled into the CBD, eager to try on my beautiful dress again! After a quick glass of Prosecco at CA de VIN with future-sister-in-law, I met wedding dress designer extraordinaire Wendy Makin, her assistant Kelly and lovely Louisa from Brides of Melbourne.
This appointment was to take measurements once and for all.

So far I've been in to BOM in November 2008 - when we decided on the dress. I expressly requested to only have measurements and alterations done by Wendy and her team, so I was measured at the time but with plans for a remeasure.

Tamra came back with me - just for some pictures in January 08 and then Louise and Mum came for another appointment with Wendy in July 08 (when there was a teensy bit of a problem getting the zip up all the way - was it my winter coat? I certainly hadn't been doing any upper body strengthening and didn't have anything to show for it!).

Tonight I was solo.

The sample dress happens to be exactly my size and I was sad to see that it had a blue biro mark right in the front of the skirt, I wonder how many times it's been tried on now, 12 months down the track? I was pleased that the zip went straight up without a problem (in fact I've lost half an inch from my waist!)and Wendy graciously took some photos of my dress with my hairpiece. She also snapped a pic for herself - so the girls back up in QLD know who they're making the dresses for, how sweet!

So it's decided, the next time I visit (in March) I will be trying on my actual dress, and then last minute adjustments will be made including adding the lace to the front of the skirt and finishing the hem.

On the way out I ducked into im boutique just to check if the lingerie I'd seen in a fashion show earlier this year had arrived yet. I was in luck! The parcel had just arrived that afternoon and I would be the first to try it on!
It was all sized Small but I was game and entered the changeroom, whaddaya know? The brand is Christies from Italy. The chemise definitely did me more justice than the cami set - but ... what was this? Was I really about to spend how much??

Oh, there's a 10% discount for signing up as a member? Well.. that reduces the pain just a touch... it's available for layby too? Hmmmm ... well ... OK Let's Do it!!!

Turns out I copped a $58 parking fine - but that really pales into significance compared to the total I'm spending on this sumptious negligie - what's another $58??

I'm thinking of wearing it for some photos to give to Trav the night before our wedding...

No comments:

Post a Comment